Hi, everyone. I’ve got another freebie to share. This time, it’s a limiter and it looks like this:
I won’t describe to you how it sounds, but I can say that it can be loud. I envision its place at the end of the signal chain as a mastering limiter, but I can also imagine it to handle individual tracks.
- 3 stages: limiter, soft clipper, hard clipper
- gain from 0 dB to +24 dB
- ceiling from 0 dBFS to -24 dBFS
- adjustable limiter attack time from 0.02 ms to 250 ms
- adjustable limiter release time from 10 ms to 1300 ms
- adjustable hard clipper release time from 0.1 ms to 50 ms (with limiter off) or 1 ms to 500 ms (with limiter on)
- fixed hard clipper attack time
- optional soft clipping stage adjustable from 0% to 100% (0% = off)
- optional HPF for limiter’s side-chain with cutoff frequency ranging from 15 Hz to 2 kHz
- limiter on/off switch (when off, signal passes only through the clippers)
- Dual GR meter (limit / clip)
Maybe I could also add that this plug-in is, as usual, in VST format (however still Windows only), comes in 32-bit and 64-bit flavors with and also without GUI … and that’s it.
Note: If you are longing for the behavior of v1.00 just flip the switch to ‘Clip’, set ‘SC’ to zero, and adjust ‘R2’ to taste.